Do you like the idea of working for Central New York’s Premier Garden Center?
Since 1922, the Hafner family has been farming in Syracuse, New York. In 1968, Chuck Hafner’s Farmer’s Market was created with the goal of providing quality homegrown produce to Syracuse and the surrounding areas. Since then the business has expanded into a 17-acre state of the art garden center and nursery yard. The facility boasts a 67,000 square foot retail space as well as four acres of growing ranges.
The key to our success is an exceptional team of employees, hard work, and attention to detail. Whether growing annuals, maintaining nursery stock or serving customers, each team member is dedicated to providing a quality product and service.
Chuck Hafner’s is looking to hire an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist. The position will be responsible for the bulk of the in house accounting operations working closely with our Inventory and Receiving Control Specialist, Office Manager and Buyers. The successful candidate should have a strong accounting background, a thorough understanding of debits and credits, reconciliation process and modern accounting software.
- Review invoices and input purchase orders for accuracy
- Process all accounts payable payments in a timely and organized manner
- Work with outside vendors and internal buyers to reconcile discrepancies
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all team members and customers
- A robust ability to multi-task
- Problem Solving Skills
- Neat and organized
- Technically Proficient
- A solid understanding of accounting principals, reconciliations, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- An advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Have a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- 1-3 years of experience in an Accounts Payable position
- Experience with QuickBooks is highly desired
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equal experience is highly desired
Chuck Hafner’s Garden Center closes seasonally. Depending on your interests, experience and availability, full-time, part-time or seasonal may be offered.
Compensation and Benefits
Chuck Hafner’s insists on excellence and rewards in return. Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include: medical, disability insurance, and a 401k profit sharing plan.
Chuck Hafner’s Garden Center offers a dynamic and exciting retail environment that varies dramatically with the seasons. If you like the thrill of a seasonal rush we have three busy seasons each year. In between these peak busy times provides the opportunity for a rich work/life balance. During the peak busy times more hours may be required in order to complete the necessary workload.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching and kneeling and lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds (if required).
North Syracuse, New York
Chuck Hafner’s is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages all applications. Your submission must include a completed application, resume and cover letter. You can download an application here, or visit the store to pick one up.
Your cover letter must include:
- Why you are interested in joining the team at Chuck Hafner’s
- An explanation relating your experience to the job requirements
- A detailed explanation of your prior work experience
Throughout the year, we are looking to fill various positions offering full time, part time, seasonal and flexible employment opportunities. If you are hardworking, open minded and like to work with people we invite you to submit an application or stop by to speak with us.
If you would like to speak to us about potential employment opportunities here at Chuck Hafner’s you can call the store and ask for Maria. Alternatively, you can download our application form and either email it to email@example.com, mail it to the store, or drop it off in person.